Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

November 15: Red Hot Chili Peppers and Andy Warhol

Inside Warholic Bar
Enjoying margaritas at the Red Hot Chili Pepper!


Shannon, Jenny, and I took a break from the rest of the group to explore Quito--in sanity and peace. The group is wonderful and I really like them but traveling in a herd can be tiresome. Everyone knows you're American when there is 27 of you tromping about the city.

Seafood was the original goal of the evening but we found the Red Hot Chili Peppers bar and restaurant and had to try it. My (extremely touristy) travel guide said it had delicious fajitas and the best margaritas in the city. We bought a whole pitcher and it was as delicious as advertised. The irony of eating at a Mexican restaurant with an American band's name in Ecuador was obvious but it was packed with a whole range of people and we were really enjoying the strawberry margs.

Four glasses of strawberry margaritas, a fajita salad, and hours of laughter later (entailing a comparison between the table's extra virgin olive oil and myself), we met up with Nate, Megan, Antonia, and Ashley to go to No Bar, a discoteca with a lively atmosphere and a bar (despite the name) on which we all danced. Yes, I danced on a bar.

The second bar we went to was the Warholic, where all the walls were covered in pop art and wonderful Andy Warhol prints. It was absolutely genius! I didn't drink a bit, just wandered around taking pictures of the decor. It was one of the coolest bars I've ever been in.

We left the Maple early to take a four-hour bus trip to Intag. I slept for most of it. We're getting close and I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment