Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oct. 10~The Gringa Realizes She is a Gringa

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last few days. I will try to get more information up tomorrow. The Reader´s Digest version
1. I went to a discotequa (sp?) with my cousin Leslie, Nate, Kara, Angela, and Adam. It was loud and fun but Ecuadorian men have a strong sense of entitlement to everything, including the Gringa having fun with her girl friends. There were a few unwanted dance partners and several clever maneuvers to get away from them. Don´t worry, Dad, I am not even swayed in the slightest to bring home a Latin man. I miss Trevor so much.
2. The unwated attention is not just in the club but on the street, in stores, everwhere I go. Being a gringa means carrying a reputation for being easy. (Muchas gracias, Hollywood!) It means getting whistled at, honked at, stared at, hit on, given the once over, etc., every day. I am really, really tired of it. I do not feel like I am a rude person but it makes me want to be rude. Thank God most of my clothes are baggy, or Trevors. I wear his shirt and his sweatshirt out and about. At least it also means getting into clubs for free, not paying the cover charge!
3. Today my family took me to a water park an hour away in the mountains. I will never be satisfied with Great Wolf Lodge for, what, like $30 a person? When I swam in a pool overlooking the Andes as far as the eye can see when it cost only $3.
Mas mañana, folks. La discotequa adventure ended at 2 AM. (Again, no worries. I was between a 6 ft. guy and an ex marine all night. Totally safe.
Love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't left more comments. This blog thing has really been hit or miss with trying to understnad how to use it.

    Sis & I went to Pioneers in the Park Sat. Missed you there too. Nuts! Grampet turns 70 so Grammy had a nice party Sunday for him. Sis stayed home cuz her glands are still swollen.

    Steve passed his driver's test first try. That is something he can hold over our heads (daddy2 & I both failed our 1st time too...lol),but I know he is too polite to do so.

    Big bonfire last night. Someone broke my bouncey chair & they welded it within the hour good as new.

    I see you swimming with turtles (not sure what is on the islands you are visiting). Looking forward to you correcting my vision with your next blog. So appreciate this hike with you. You write so well I actually have images of people & places from your vivid descriptions. Keep it up!

    Luv you, mamac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom said it is $.50 for you to send one text & $.05 for you to recieve one. FYI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you kiddo! It has been nine days! Seems like you dropped off the radar screen. Praying everything is ok. L, mamac

    ReplyDelete